Come on in! The water feels great!
The Pensacola State College swimming pool is back open after closing during the spring because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Still, with COVID-19 still lingering, precautions will be taken to ensure safety:
- Classes and recreational swim times are limited. Sessions will be limited to 30 minutes for recreational swimmers and 45 minutes for classes.
- Temperatures will be taken for all staff and swimmers prior to entering the facility. Anyone with a temperature higher than 100.4 degrees will not be permitted in the aquatic’s facility.
- Social distancing will be required. Swimmers must stay 6 feet apart at all times.
- Swimmers will be required to wear face covers when not in the pool.
- All surface areas, chairs, doorknobs and door handles will be cleaned after each 30-minute session.
- Doors will remain open at all times.
- Bleachers will be off-limits. Chairs around the pool must be at least 6 feet apart.
- Towels, shoes and other personal items cannot be shared.
- Swimmers are asked to bring their own water bottles.
- Swimmers are asked not to arrive early. Swimmers are to enter through the rear door and exit through the front door.
“I’m excited to be back,’’ said PSC Aquatics Coordinator Kay Miller. “Everyone’s excited. We always have lots of swimmers, especially in the morning. So I know the community will be happy.”
Pensacola State College Swimming Pool hours:
Aerobic Swim: 5:30 a.m. and 8 a.m. Monday through Friday. (45-minute sessions)
Aqua Dynamics: 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays; 7 a.m., 9 a.m. and 6:35 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. (45-minute sessions)
Recreational Swim: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday. Additional recreational swim times on Tuesdays and Thursday from 6:30-10 p.m. and from 7:30-10 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays. (Recreational swimmers are limited to 30 minutes in pool.) Recreational swimmers are asked to reserve time. For details, call 850-484-1311 or 850-484-1797.